Sunday, February 22, 2015

A lot of Sun and Fun in Eilat

     After snowy cold days at the center, the students got to take a free day on the beaches of the Red Sea in Eilat! What a nice change! It was about a 4-5 hour bus ride down to the edge of the Sinai peninsula but every minute was worth it. Fun fact! We got to drive along the route that Lehi and his family probably would have traveled.
    At Eilat we got to snorkel, swim, and just soak up the sun on the beach. The water was amazing! It was so clear and blue. There were also TONS of jellyfish. Luckily these ones don't sting you. There were times when I had to push them out of the way to swim through. It kind of freaked me out at first but by the end we were holding them and even tossing them around. I don't have much more to say so let the pictures begin.



We were so happy to be in the sun (and not covered from collarbone to ankle)



One of the many jellyfish


Oh! I almost forgot. We had a jam session with some locals. They knew a ton of American songs and even sang us some Israeli ones. 





Until my next adventure,
Lindy

3 comments:

  1. What! You swam with jellyfish? Do you have any idea how cool that is? Or how jealous that makes me? I LOVE jellyfish. I didn't know you could swim with them. Seriously. I can't even imagine how cool that would be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Love the picture of you jumping off the dock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carissa it was kind of freaky at first haha I would kind of jump every time one touched my leg. But by the end it was awesome! I guess you'll just have to go to the Red Sea and go snorkeling. We could also see them in the Bosphorous Straits in Turkey so if you wanted to go there instead that's always an option ;)

    ReplyDelete