The Jordan Museum was really neat. We've been talking about all these things in class and now we actually got to see them! I took a lot more pictures but most wouldn't be very exciting. So I just picked out a few good ones.
Mesha Stele is the first time the Israel is mentioned as a people
Dead Sea Scrolls!
Hayley, Mary, and I rocking the tennis shoes and skirt look!
Our short pit stop for the day was the Temple of Hercules. This wall, built long before the temple, was actually where Uriah the Hittite was sent to be killed.
Our awesome Hercule's poses
Until my next adventure,
Lindy
Kind of crazy how random towers of ages past are still left standing. Just standing, isolated in a random spot, surrounded by rubble of other towers not as lucky. Like God's little gift to us to marvel at and be inspired and learn...little pieces of history preserved against all odds.
ReplyDeleteMakes you wonder what will be left of our society and what people will marvel at. I hope we don't ever get an answer to that question.
ReplyDelete