The LDS church has a building in Jordan and we got to go visit it. When I say building I actually mean a floor. Nevertheless, it is amazing! We walked in and it felt like walking right into America. It looks exactly like the chapels and architecture there. From the pews to the ceiling tiles everything was the same. It felt just like home. Honestly, none of us wanted to leave. The Branch President/Service Couple that oversaw the building project spoke to us about some of the miracles that went on. It was very neat. Apparently I didn't take very many pictures (as in none) but just trust me that it looked the same. The area has a chapel, classrooms, kitchen area, guest bedrooms (for when general authorities visit), and a little apartment for the service couple. It was really nice.
This reminded me of a fun fact. The church couldn't actually buy property in Jordan. So, LDS Charities bought the land and the church rents it from them.
The outside of the building.
Until my next adventure,
Lindy
There's no place like home. And how right that church feels like home!
ReplyDelete