Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Lindiana Jones and the Last Crusades

    You guessed it! Our second day was spent in Petra! Or maybe you didn't get it, only about 10 minutes of that movie actually took place there. But we definitely watched it in preparation for our trip. Petra is pretty much as amazing as it looks. You would not believe how massive these buildings are that are carved out of the rock. It's insane! I felt so tiny next to them. Unfortunately, another thing I learned in Jordan was sometimes if you turn off all your lights, it actually shuts off the electricity in your room. True story. So my camera died very shortly into the trip. But I got a few pictures.

Apparently this was the kind of bush that was the burning bush. Not sure how they know that, but lots of Bedouins told me so it must be true. 

This is where you start singing the Indiana Jones theme song. 

TA DA!!!! It's the Treasury. You can see the little person in background to give you a better idea of scale. 


Oh ya! And I rode a camel!! 

My friend Hayley and I in front of the Treasury

The treasury is really cool

We hiked up to a The High Place that had a great overlook. Then we decided to be ambitious and hike up to the Monastery too. It was a TON of hiking and we were feeling pretty beast by the end. I didn't get any pictures of the awesome view. Kind of a bummer. 


Until my next adventure,
Lindy




No comments:

Post a Comment