Monday, April 13, 2015

Dead Sea

Before we went to the Dead Sea we stopped at another of Herod's fortresses called Masada. The fortress was taken during the first Roman Siege.


When we went, they were doing some restorations on part of the site. It was so cool to see them recovering the amazing paintings on the dining hall walls.

The real event of the day was the Dead Sea! Coolest thing I've ever done in my whole life!!!! So amazing! I can't even describe what it felt like. The Dead Sea is 1400 feet below sea level; making it the lowest place on earth. The water was a beautiful bright blue/green color. Don't let it deceive you though. If you even got a drop in your eye it was like the world was ending for a solid 15 minutes. It also tasted awful. I'm making it sound bad though. It was so Awesome!!!!! You would walk out and then all of a sudden your feet weren't touching the bottom and you were just floating. It was the weirdest feeling. I think everyone needs to swim there at least once in their life. 




Until my next adventure,
Lindy

No comments:

Post a Comment